Monday, June 25, 2012

Review: Elemental Heat by Cristal Ryder *Ellora's Cave*

Elemental Heat
Cristal Ryder

Jenna takes a big risk and decides to live in the moment. After months of communication by social media, she accepts an invitation to Colorado where she finally meets her cowboy. Burned by past romances, Jenna is determined to move on and goes with one goal in mind—a booty call with a tall, dark, sexy cowboy.

Chet is a romantic at heart and when Jenna arrives, he knows there’s more to her than a pretty face and a hot body. A casual fling won’t do. He’s smitten and decides to woo her the old-fashioned way with time and patience. And of course, hot sex.

Their chemistry is elemental and they come together with heat that sears the snowy peaks. When Mother Nature steps in, Jenna is forced to face the feelings she’s tried so hard to keep buried and Chet has to draw on his mountain skills to save the woman he has come to love.

I obtained the following information from Ellora's Cave!

I was given this book by Ellora's Cave for my honest thoughts and words....
For those of you that know me... and those that don't this is my little statement about short books.... I do not judge short stories on the rush of their relationships, because they are just that - short stories. So, yes the relationships always could have been drawn out more, yea it seems like they fall in love to fast and of course the story could have been made longer... but it is a short story. So with that said.... here is my review..

First, I am a fan of Cristal Ryder's work... She brings to the table all sorts of things with her delicious tales. She brings romance, lust, love, heat, sexy men, desire, tension and don't forget about some great love scenes.... and of course happy endings. Cristal rocks when it comes to giving all she can to a story. This one is no different...

Jenna is a woman hell bent on just having a good time. Having been burned more than once has been enough for her... So, her thinking now is let's just enjoy what we have for the time being. Jenna was hoping to keep her heart locked away while she enjoyed life's offering - Chet.

Chet is a man on mission - a romancing kinda mission. He has had his fill of women that were after his money... and maybe a little something else too. But he knew that once he found the woman that warmed his heart, that woman would also warm his bed as well. He was hoping that that woman would be Jenna. He knew she was not a big fan of relationships and a non-believer of romance... but he was hoping he could change that.

These two start off meeting online... Then taking a flight of faith - Jenna goes to meet him at his ranch and is in for the surprise of her life. This is an awesome story. One that had me holding my breath at some points. The story is going to keep you entertained and wanting to know more.... And Cristal, I want to know about the gold!!! So you  know you have to write more!!!

Now, if I did not leave you wanting more... I am not sure what else would... Well, okay, I will give you just a little bit more because the story is short... The romance between these two build throughout the whole story.... Simmering and then coming to a boil... And then there is a life or death situation... Now are you interested!!!!

To learn more about Cristal Ryder, please go to her website/blog here!!!

And remember... Always keep it Dirty, Smutty & Hussy! Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Loved this book. Looking forward to read more about these two :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be honest, hun...I could barely keep focus on your review...my eyes kept getting drawn to the cover. hahaha. Can you say..SEXY or what??!!!!???!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That lady is a lucky lady to have such a fine man. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried to reply back to each of you but the reply tab wouldn't work for me :(

    So Elaine - I'm thrilled you loved the book. Watched for its quickie wrap up coming soon called Rock-hard Heat.

    Carole - glad the cover caught you! Hope you decide to indulge and give it a read :)

    Cecile - as always, loved your review and so glad you liked Chet and Jenna's story.

    ReplyDelete

I want to thank you for stopping by my place... I hope to see you again!!
I hope you enjoy my little bloggie home as much as I do!
With hugs, love and smiles... Cecile

My Fictional Smutty Boyfriend.... =)

"Quotes"